Sarah Ginsberg is first Mighty Green home at the Sidbury Fun Run
- Credit: Archant
The 21st Sidbury Fun Run, part of the Sidbury Fair Week, was held on a beautiful, very warm morning last Sunday, writes Sarah Ginsberg.
There were over 180 entrants, both runners and walkers, ranging in age from babies in buggies to grandparents, together with many of their four-legged friends!
Eight Mighty Greens were involved; Naomi Garrick, Rachel Burrows, Michael Ginsberg, Sarah Ginsberg, Paula Farrand, Bert Dykema, Emma Grainger and Jenny Benattar.
The Sidbury Fun Run is a surprisingly tough run although relatively short. It starts uphill, all the way to the top of Evergreen Hill, a mere 550 feet of climbing.
The course then takes runners on a long uphill section of 596ft, which is followed by a very welcome downhill and cooler run through the woods. Next comes a short pass in front of Sidbury Manor before taking the finish line at the Village Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Here, a delicious hog roast and cold beer was on offer, along with a fine pottery souvenir mug for all finishers. This was a great family event with a fabulous community atmosphere.
The first of the Mighty Greens to finish was Sarah Ginsberg, who was also the second in the open lady category and she was followed, in Mighty Green terms, by Naomi Garrick and then Paula Farrand (second local lady).
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'