Sargent and Powell put Bradninch to the sword in U19 T20 meeting
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-19s continued their unbeaten run in this season’s ECB Club Under-19 T20 with an emphatic 100-run win at Bradninch.
After being put in Sidmouth openers Harvey Sargent and Dan Powell laid into the home bowling with the 100 up in just the eighth over!
Powell was caught on the boundary for a 23-ball 45 and, shortly after, Sargent had to retire having reached an unbeaten half century.
Henry Gater (13), Thoma Moore (16) and Jash Patidar (15) all chipped in, but wickets fell along the way with the Sidmouth innings closing on 177 all out after 17.5 overs.
The home reply saw the opening over from Jash Patidar go for 10, but Henry Gater took a wicket with his second ball – his first had been drilled to the boundary – and, when the other home opener was caught by Jordan Fowler off the bowling of young Patidar, Bradninch were 24-2. That soon became 42-4 as Patidar struck again – thanks to a Tom Moore catch – and Byron Knowles claimed the first of his two wickets thanks to a neat catch behind by skipper Harvey Sargent.
You may also want to watch:
Two more wickets fell with the home score on 58, Louis Adey’s smart pick up and throw effecting a run out before Knowles struck again with Sargent once more pouching the catch. Bradninch rallied, adding 11 for the sixth wicket which fell with Ben Johnson the bowler and Sargent the catcher. The final two wickets followed soon after with Jordan Fowler getting both – his first with Will Gater taking a catch and the final wicket arrived when Fowler knocked over the stumps of the last man as Bradninch were bundled out for 77 on 10.2 overs.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project