Sargent knock leads Sidmouth to narrow success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth start Tolchards home campaign with narrow win over Bovey Tracey
Teenager Harvey Sargent top scored with an unbeaten 79 as Sidmouth launched their Tolchards Devon League home campaign with a narrow five run win over Bovey Tracey.
Matt Cook and Liam Lewis opened the innings, but were parted early on with the score on 15 with Lewis caught for nine. Cooke was joined by young Sargent and the pair took the score to 90 before Cooke was out for 56.
Sargent was then joined by Adam Dibble and they put on 84 before Dibble departed for 32 leaving Andrew Mathieson (28) and Sargent to see the home total to a close of 215-3 after their allotted 50 overs.
Lewis then atoned for his rare failure with the bat, taking three wickets and Mathieson completed a good days work with two for 36 from his ten overs as Bovey Tracey closed on 201-6 after their 50 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Make sure of your copy of the Sidmouth Herald to get a full match report and post match comment.
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Legion's centenary plea for Sidmouth Poppy Appeal volunteers
- 3 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 4 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 5 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 6 Lydon hopes his weighty challenge will give Hospiscare funds a lift
- 7 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 8 Businesses should be stocking up now for Folk Festival
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home