Sargent puts Heathcoat to the sword with unbeaten century in big win for Sidmouth II
- Credit: Archant
Harvey Sargent scored a magnificent unbeaten 142 as he helped Sidmouth II to a 110-run win at Heathcoat II.
Teenager Sargent faced 134 deliveries, slammed 18 fours and cracked a brace of sixes. What’s more he carried his bat throughout the 45 overs at Knightshayes, with the biggest stand along the way being the 96 he and Saj Patidar put on for the fourth wickets. Patidar make 46.
Such was the Sargent domination of proceedings that the only other Sidmouth batsman into double figures was opener Dec Lines with 22.
Thanks to the argent knock Sidmouth close on 254-6 after their 45 overs.
The home side made a good start with the run chase and sailed to 80 without loss. However, once Daley Holmes made the breakthrough – aided by a Patidar catch – wickets were taken at regular intervals with the final one going down on 144 with three-and-a-half overs remaining in the match.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Dibble claimed the bowling honours with a four wicket haul at a cost of 28 runs in his 7.3 overs with the ball and Miles Dalton finished with an impressive 3-23 from nine overs.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients