Saturday football and rugby round-up
- Credit: Archant
There were wins for Sidmouth Town and Sidmouth Chiefs RFC and also a 10th straight win for Ottery St Mary on the second Saturday of January.
Sidmouth Town made it back-to-back home wins with a 4-2 Manstone Lane success over an Ilfracombe Town side that had only previously lost two away league games.
Sidmouth Town thirds were 5-2 winners on their visit to Exeter where they faced Devon Yeoman.
There was no joy for Sidmouth Town 4ths as they were beaten 4-1 at Sidford by visiting Broadclyst.
Ottery St Mary made it 10 straight wins and moved five points clear at the top of Division Three of the Macron League after their 4-0 Washbrook Meadow win over Tedburn St Mary. Also in Division Three, Otterton defeated Sandford 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Chiefs returned to winning ways with a 43-29 success in their Devon derby at Tiverton.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands
There’s no change at the top of the Western Counties (W) table as second placed St Austell also won, albeit by the narrowest of margins, winning 13-12 at Truro.
The Cornish side remain three points behind Sidmouth, but they have played a game more than the Blackmore men.