Saturday night football and rugby round-up
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town game off – new date this Wednesday / Ottery match abandoned / Sidmouth Chiefs win again
There was no action for Sidmouth Town with a waterlogged Paignton pitch putting paid to the Vikings’ chances of looking to progress in the Thorgmorton Devon Premier Cup.
The opposition, Roselands of the South Devon League Premier Division will now have to travel up to East Devon for a match under the Manstone Lane floodlights this Wednesday (October 10) with a 7.15pm kick-off.
In Macron League football, Sidmouth Town Reserves were in fine form as they defeated Chard Town Reserves 4-0 in a Division One game played at Manstone Lane. In Division Two Honiton Town Reserves were thrashed 9-1 at University and Tipton St John lost 4-2 at Royal Oak.
Ottery St Mary were involved in a game that was abandoned after a broken leg was suffered by one of the home side. The Otters were in Macron League Three action at Sandford where they had trailed 2-0, but battled back to be on level terms thanks to goals from Luke Jones and Tom Badcott, and were then pressing looking the more likely to get a third when a home player suffered a broken leg and the game was abandoned.
You may also want to watch:
In the Bill Slee Cup there was a fine 6-2 home success for Beer Albion Reserves over Otterton.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Sidmouth RFC maintained their unbeaten start to the Western Counties West season as they defeated Wadbebridge Camels 39-20 at the Blackmore.