Saturday night local sport round-up - another ‘Super September Saturday for Sidmouth clubs’
- Credit: Archant
It was another super sporting September Saturday for Sidmouth’s big two clubs, Sidmouth Town Football Club and Sidmouth RFC as both won.
Town were cup winners for the second successive Saturday as they won 3-2 at Alphington to make progress in the Walter C Parsons Funeral Directors Cup (the League cup for the South West Peninsula League).
Back in Sidmouth, at the Blackmore, Sidmouth Chiefs were busy beating visiting Tiverton 27-7 to make it four wins from their first four Tribute Western Counties West league matches and they remain top of the tale.
Indeed, just four games into the new campaign Sidmouth are one of only two team still to sport a 100 per cent record – the other team being Crediton.
However, there was no success for Sidmouth Town Reserves who were held to a 3-3 Manstone Lane draw by Alphington Reserves while Sidmouth Town thirds went down 4-1 at home to Bampton and the fourth team lost 4-2 at Thorverton Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
There was a disappointing home defeat for Ottery St Mary who were beaten 4-3 by East Budleigh in a Macron League Division Three game at Washbrook Meadow.
There was defeat also for Tipton St John, who lost their Macron League Division Two home game against Whipton and Pinhoe; the Exeter side winning the game 3-1.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action