Scott hat-trick as SOHC ladies’ 1st XI ship two – then score nine at Okehampton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ 1st XI were in fine form as they defeated Okehampton II 8-2 in a Petroc Division One game.
It was Okehampton (who came into the game sitting second bottom of the table having won just two of their previous 18 league games) who made the brighter start.
Indeed, SOHC were clearly ‘shocked’ by the home start and they conceded a couple of goals to be staring down the barrel of an embarrassing defeat.
However, once they found their feet in the match, SOHC began to dominate and it was no surprise when they got a goal back through Alice Pleasee.
They thought they had scored again on the stroke of half-time, but the ‘goal’ was ruled out.
You may also want to watch:
Whatever was said during the interval clearly worked, for SOHC had at least one – if not two – extra strides in their step from the restart.
The link-up play was first class and too much for the home team to handle. They scored seven unanswered goals with Jasmine Scott (3), Nicky Lockyer (2), Aimee Keast and a second from Alice Pleasee rounding off a terrific second-half display.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Annie Clay won Chick of the Day for her all-round contribution, which included some superb running.
Tomorrow (Saturday) SOHC entertain basement side Honiton Hornets, who they beat 9-0 in the team’s first meeting this season back in November.