Scott is the star as SOHC ladies II share the spoils with table-toppers
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies second eleven shared six goals in a terrific tussle with the only team to sit above them in the Sedgemoor Division Two table, Weston-super-Mare II.
The table toppers were quick to say after the game that the contest was comfortably the best one they had been involved in this season so far.
The first half saw both teams test each other out and home side SOHC, were a little tentative in their approach.
However, all that approached after the break when they came mighty close to snatching a late winner.
Jasmine Scott was the deserving winner of the Player of the Match award.
You may also want to watch:
SOHC ladies II remain second in the table, trailing the leaders by three points and both have three matches to play.
On Saturday (March 11), SOHC travel to third bottom Minehead for a 10.30am start.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
The ladies third team went down to a narrow 1-0 defeat in a good tempered meeting with Exe V.
Jennie Stogdon volunteered for the goal keeping job and did it very well.
The ladies fourth team were beaten 10-0 in a one-sided meeting with Ashmoor.
This SOHS are a very young side and their effort levels are something to admire. They were just unfortunate to face an Ashmore side that was clearly determined to boost their goal difference!