Sdimouth get ruthless
Broadclyst 1, Sidmouth 5
Sidmouth had a much more comfortable game away to Broadclyst on Saturday and brought back the points with a relatively easy 5-1 win.
They started the better team, pinned their hosts back and, after a few near misses, got their reward when Mark Badcock forced the ball home. This lifted the hosts and within minutes they levelled. Back came Sidmouth and after an outrageous dummy from Craig Badcock it was Tom Perryman who smashed the ball in to give them the half time lead.
With Broadclyst visibly tiring the second half became one way traffic but the Vikings just couldn't find the net. Fortunately it was just a lull before goals from Mark Burdus, Craig Badcock and a peach of a goal from Alex Martin, which finished things off nicely.The management team were pleased with the result and said: "After the last two games we knew we had it in us to get that result and to be fair I think it flattered Broadclyst. On another day we could have hit double figures. Sidmouth were pretty ruthless in their work and stopped them playing. The team as a whole all played their part but Mark Badcock was Man of the Match."
On Saturday Sidmouth Reserves have their fourth away match in a row, this time at Clyst Valley.
You may also want to watch:
The 1st XI had no match last week, or this Saturday and play next Wednesday, away to Ottery 7.30pm.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman