Seaton Tennis Club all set for ‘Super Saturday’
- Credit: Archant
This coming Saturday (June 13), Seaton Tennis Club will be embracing then nationwide event, The Great British Tennis Weekend, writes Belinda Bawden.
It’s a day that promises so much and runs from 10am through until 4pm.
The whole day is free and run by the volunteers and coaches – and offers a great opportunity for folk, young and old, to get along to the club to learn more about the sport and meet the club players and coaches.
Rackets and balls will be provided for anyone new to the game and absolutely anyone can get involved.
Whether you’ve never picked up a racket before or are a seasoned regular – there is no excuse not to come down.
You may also want to watch:
All ability levels are welcome so book your session today! The coaching team will be on hand to coach you, inspire you, knock a few balls around with you or just answer your questions.
The events kick-off with Mini Tennis for juniors and Tennis Xpress for adults at 10am, when there will also be coaching sessions for the ages 10 and under.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
At 11am it’s Giant Cardio Tennis for the adults and yellow ball coaching session for juniors with 11 and over the targeted age.
At noon there’s open play for both juniors and adults when club coaches will be on hand to offer tips and advice and then, from 2pm to 4pm, the courts will be available to all to have a go at the sport.
You can book a place online by visiting www.clubspark.lts.org.uk/OpenDays and then put Seaton into the search section.
You can also contact Seaton Tennis Club head coach Jason Martin on 07931 743168 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org