Seaton Town all set for Good Friday game at Budleigh Salterton
Sidmouth Town are in action on Good Friday when they make the short trip to Budleigh Salterton (3pm) to play what will be their penultimate game of the South West Peninsula League, Eastern Division, season.
Town boss Josh Stunell has been hit with a number of unavailability’s owing to the Easter holiday weekend and says: “I am fairly sure that we will come up against a Budleigh Salterton side scrapping for their lives and will, I think, come out all guns blazing in a game that looks like they simply have to win to avoid sweating on Exwick Villa not overhauling them at the foot of the table.
“With regard to selection I do not want to undermine the second team and their big game the following day (Saturday sees the Sidmouth Town Reserves in action away at Exmouth Town Reserves in a Macron League Division One meeting) so I am going to get my phone book out and use the wider squad for the game at Budleigh.”
He continued: “We do have a large squad in terms of the lads we have registered on SWP League forms that have ‘first choice clubs’ like Cronies and Lyme Regis.
“That certainly helps at holiday times such as this and means we will be able to field a competitive side.”
You may also want to watch:
Stunell concluded by saying: “I am keen for us to end the season on a high and that means bagging maximum points from the games at Budleigh and, later in the month, at Torridgeside.
“With that in mind we travel to Greenway Lane with lots to play for, none more so than to hopefully complete a seasons league double having won the game at Manstone Lane on Boxing Day.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 9 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival