Secretary’s team wins 9-8
THE ladies played their round of the Daily Mail Foursomes on October 16 with Julie Lye and Marie Timms being the victors, beating Margaret Thompson and Paddy Hutchings on countback. The new pairing of Janet Humberstone and Ros Eaton claimed third place.
THE ladies played their round of the Daily Mail Foursomes on October 16 with Julie Lye and Marie Timms being the victors, beating Margaret Thompson and Paddy Hutchings on countback.
The new pairing of Janet Humberstone and Ros Eaton claimed third place. More details to follow of where and when Julie and Marie will next play.
Seventeen pairs contested the annual Ladies' Captain versus Ladies' Secretary competition on Wednesday, October 28, played on full handicap under match-play conditions.
The weather was glorious, and the course was in superb order, with the trees displaying their stunning autumn colours that added to the enjoyment for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
(Although it must be said that some found the greens tricky - the ball headed to the hole, looked at it, then turned at right angles!)
Ann Willoughby, Ladies' vice-captain, led the captain's team out on behalf of ladies' captain Lee Warren, with Ann Desmoulins leading the ladies' secretary's team.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
They, like all others, had a really close game, with the final result being a win for the secretary's team by nine games to eight.