See King at Nutwell
Nutwell Court Horse Trials has announced St David’s Equine, veterinary surgeons are the new title sponsors of the event which takes place on Sunday, July 24.
Organiser John Colson said: “We are delighted to welcome St David’s Equine Practice to Nutwell as our main sponsor. They have supported us with veterinary assistance for many years and we are thrilled they are now sponsoring the day.”
Mary King, who this year won Lexington Horse Trials in Kentucky with Kings Temptress and was third at Badminton on Imperial Cavalier, will ride in the novice section where Hatherleigh’s Lucy Wiegersma is also due to ride.
The horse trials are set on the east bank of the River Exe estuary and offer the perfect chance to watch all the action in glorious parkland which is normally inaccessible to the public.
This year’s event takes place over just one day due to the pressure on the current eventing calendar.
You may also want to watch:
Colson added: “The trials take place during a particularly busy period but we would like to encourage all local BE members to come along and support us.
“Next year we will be running much earlier in the year and mid week on July 3 and 4 which should help the professional riders and local members too.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Entrance is �5 per car. For further information, contact Mr Colson on (01404) 841331.
King is currently competing in Aachen on Imperial Cavalier.