Sellick late goal nets Town Reserves a point
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Reserves came back from two goals down to bank a point in a Fresha League One meeting with visiting Alphington.
The Vikings took the lead in the 10th minute with Rich Johnson the scorer, rifling the ball home from 25-yards.
Alphington responded well and, within fifteen minutes, had raced into a 3-1 lead.
That was the way it stayed through to half-time.
During the break the Vikings management clearly said the right things because they bossed proceedings throughout the second period.
You may also want to watch:
Johnson scored his second to make it 3-2 and Jake Sellick netted the late equaliser.
Paddy Thomas said post match: “That was certainly a disappointing, indeed frustrating, performance from the side. They are youthful and youthful and that’s why perhaps that they have yet to comprehend the need to play for the full 90 minutes!”
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!