Shaw-Smith stars as in-house derby ends all square
- Credit: Archant
Honours ended even in the Petroc Division Two in-house meeting between SOHC ladies third and fourth teams.
The kick-off was delayed for 10 minutes to give the surface more time to defrost!
The third team made a high-tempo start and knocked the ball around well.
It was no more than they deserved when, following some neat passages of passing, they took the lead with a goal from Caitlin Perry.
That proved to be the only goal of a keenly contested first half that also saw both sides lose experienced players to injuries with Norma Rich and Mary Ackland being unable to continue.
You may also want to watch:
It was the fourth team that started the brighter of the teams after the break. They had more purpose about their play with the emphasis on fast attack and their direct approach paid dividends when Teresa Grabauskas.
That’s how a close-encounter ended, all square at 1-1.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 7 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 10 Rain softens up the challenge at Sidmouth GC
Special mention must go to Izzy Shaw-Smith who stepped forward to play in goal and did exceptionally well.
Both third and fourth teams are away this Saturday with the third team at Ashmoor in the morning and the fourth team go to face ISCA fifths with a 5pm start.