Shaw-Smith stars as in-house derby ends all square
- Credit: Archant
Honours ended even in the Petroc Division Two in-house meeting between SOHC ladies third and fourth teams.
The kick-off was delayed for 10 minutes to give the surface more time to defrost!
The third team made a high-tempo start and knocked the ball around well.
It was no more than they deserved when, following some neat passages of passing, they took the lead with a goal from Caitlin Perry.
That proved to be the only goal of a keenly contested first half that also saw both sides lose experienced players to injuries with Norma Rich and Mary Ackland being unable to continue.
You may also want to watch:
It was the fourth team that started the brighter of the teams after the break. They had more purpose about their play with the emphasis on fast attack and their direct approach paid dividends when Teresa Grabauskas.
That’s how a close-encounter ended, all square at 1-1.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
Special mention must go to Izzy Shaw-Smith who stepped forward to play in goal and did exceptionally well.
Both third and fourth teams are away this Saturday with the third team at Ashmoor in the morning and the fourth team go to face ISCA fifths with a 5pm start.