Sheila takes over as Sidmouth ladies’ golf captain
- Credit: Archant
This week for the Sidmouth ladies it really has been a case of ‘rain stops play’, writes Andrea Milton.
However, for once, this wasn’t a huge problem as there was no competition planned because it was the ladies’ annual general meeting.
Everyone enjoyed a very sociable buffet lunch before hearing a resume of the year’s golf from the outgoing ladies’ captain, Maria Clapp, who also thanked everyone for their support throughout her year.
Maria has worked really hard over her captaincy year to make sure that all the ladies enjoyed their golf and she can now have a well-earned break!
Maria then handed over the lady captain’s brooch to incoming ladies’ captain Sheila Faulkner.
You may also want to watch:
Sheila said how honoured she was to be asked to be the ladies’ captain and she has some exciting plans for the forthcoming year and generally wants to ensure everyone has a great fun year of golf!
We wish her a successful year ahead.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17