Shoobridge and Punter triumph in three-ball-better-ball meeting at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The winter three-ball-better-ball was played at Sidmouth last Sunday, writes George Carr.
This is the second of its kind counting towards the winter league competition through 2013-2014.
Paul Shoobridge and Steve Punters’ 45 points were more than enough to win this one and place Shoobridge three points clear and firmly at the top of the winter league with nine points and, also, leave Paul and his partner Steve £22.50 better off in sweep money.
Lee Wenham and Paul Freemantle were closest to the winners, four points adrift on 41 this being worth £13.50 in sweep money and in Lee’s case will go some way to making good his losses in the Tuesday - Thursday roll up - win some - lose some!
Carl Sheehan and Ray (Gunner) Gunston posted 40 points to claim third spot along with its modest sweep money.
You may also want to watch:
Foot note; A number of club members have volunteered to help in the great daffodil bulb plant-off in the Stowford area today (Friday) and if you are reading this not too long after 9.30am on that day you may still have time to join us - go on - you know you want to!
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability