Shoobridge and Punter triumph in three-ball-better-ball meeting at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The winter three-ball-better-ball was played at Sidmouth last Sunday, writes George Carr.
This is the second of its kind counting towards the winter league competition through 2013-2014.
Paul Shoobridge and Steve Punters’ 45 points were more than enough to win this one and place Shoobridge three points clear and firmly at the top of the winter league with nine points and, also, leave Paul and his partner Steve £22.50 better off in sweep money.
Lee Wenham and Paul Freemantle were closest to the winners, four points adrift on 41 this being worth £13.50 in sweep money and in Lee’s case will go some way to making good his losses in the Tuesday - Thursday roll up - win some - lose some!
Carl Sheehan and Ray (Gunner) Gunston posted 40 points to claim third spot along with its modest sweep money.
You may also want to watch:
Foot note; A number of club members have volunteered to help in the great daffodil bulb plant-off in the Stowford area today (Friday) and if you are reading this not too long after 9.30am on that day you may still have time to join us - go on - you know you want to!
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways