Short Mat Bowls offer at Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
If your New Year resolution is to keep fit and have some fun at the same time the why not give thought to joining the indoor Short Mat Bowling Club.
Meetings are held on Monday evenings from 7pm through to 10pm and also on Wednesday mornings from 9.45am to noon.
The fee is £2 a session and it all takes place at the Institute, Yonder Street, Ottery St Mary, EX11 1HD.
What’s more the club offers the first couple of taster sessions free to give newcomers a chance to have a good look at the concept.
It really is great fun, played indoors, and, as well as the all important exercise element, you get to meet new people too!
You may also want to watch:
The club provides the woods (bowls) and all prospective players need to do is pitch up with suitable flat soled shoes.
For more information contact Jenny on 01404 812124.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat