Sid and Otter Valley Riding Club junior teams doing well
- Credit: Archant
The Sid and Otter Valley Riding Club junior teams have been doing particulary well recently, writes Karen Oakley.
Teams have been to the three regional qualifiers, qualifying each time for National Championships.
The first The British Riding Clubs Winter Championships will be held at Hartpury College in Gloucestershire over the Easter weekend and the Sid and Otter Valley club will be represented by two teams there.
A team will compete in the dressage Championships, the team consisting of Cameron Beer (team manager), Flora Fraser, Harrison Oakley and Millie Pring.
Oakley and Pring cemented their preparations with winning and being reserve winter Junior Champions in the SOVRC winter dressage series which has been held over January, February and March at Bicton College.
You may also want to watch:
Oakley just pipped Pring in the most recent event.
The team who have qualified for the Novice Show Jumping Winter National Championships and is made up of Immy and Jaz Carter together with Harrison Oakley. The will also compete at Hartpury over the Easter weekend.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
A Junior Team also went to the qualifier for the Fesival of the Horse Championships and had a convincing win, with all three team members winning their arena’s.
This competition is a combined training format where each rider rides a dressage test and then a round of show jumping.
They will now go to the National Championships being held at Aston Le Walls over June 1 and 2.