Sid ladies punish Penzance
Sidmouth HC Ladies 1sts 5, Penzance 1
Feeling a bit blue after defeat in Bude last week, a strong Sidmouth squad were ready for rivals Penzance, writes Jodie Parsons.
Sidmouth started strongly as Lea Pidgeon delivered a ball to Sarah Thomas who made her way through the Penzance midfield for Taryn Beuthin to convert into a goal with a skilful chip. A second goal came soon after with a super strike from Chrissie Mitchell which flew past the Penzance goalkeeper.
Anna Rowson, Caroline Bickerstaff and Sarah Roberts worked well together in midfield but an injury from the Bude game last week meant Roberts was forced to retire as she was unable to continue with the use of only one arm. A secret sling was pulled from Sarah’s hockey bag and she admitted she had, in fact, fractured her clavicle!
Beuthin secured a second goal after a good break from Sarah Hutchings led to a fantastic one, two from Mitchell and Beuthin. Sidmouth were under pressure from Penzance at times but Player of the Match Hayley Delasalle kept them at bay with some fantastic saves.
You may also want to watch:
The defence of Chloe Munn and Jodie Parsons remained focused to keep a clean sheet for the side. The second half saw an early goal from Beuthin, followed by an outstanding fourth with excellent support from Vicky Russell! In the last few minutes Sidmouth conceded a short corner which led to a Penzance goal. A fantastic win for Sidmouth who are optimistic about their journey to Caradon this weekend.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC