Sid ladies win derby with Budleigh
Sidmouth entertained Dawlish to a ladies match, and although losing on two rinks, they won overall by 55-53. Well done to winning rink Marian Watson, Mary Bristow, Jean Green and Evelyn Clements with a 28-12 victory, write Peter and Sue Mison.
Sidmouth played and lost in another round of the Lane Trophy against Plymouth. Sidmouth had one winning rink at home, Gill Cronk, Mary Bristow, Christa Turner and Shirley Rose with a score of 19-15, and one away, Anne Smith, Sylvia Cook, Beryl Sparkes and Dreda Taylor with a score of 23–17.
They lost overall 6 -74, giving us a total of four points out of 10.
Sidmouth travelled to Exonia for a mixed match losing overall by 53-65. Well done to the winning rink of Wendy Limpus, Maurice Watson, Jane Painter and Brian Smith who won by 24-14.
On Saturday, Sidmouth played in the Parrott Shield against Honiton with one team at home and one away. This is a competition for players who have not yet been awarded their County Badge and resulted in a win for Honiton by 14 shots overall.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies travelled to Honiton in the afternoon for a three rink match winning on two rinks out of three but losing overall by just one shot. It was an enjoyable game played in a friendly atmosphere. Well done to our winning rink of Sue Mison, Paddy Chew, Margaret King and Jill Bishop who won by 21- 9.
On Sunday the other half of the draw of the ladies’ Singles played their opening games and the winners were Jenny Fricker, Sue Mison, Anne Smith, Christa Turner and Marian Watson who all go through to the next round.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
On Tuesday, Sidmouth played a ladies match against Budleigh on two rinks at home.
Overall Sidmouth won by 53-32 so well done Sidmouth. Winning rink was Jill Lewis, Jean Green, Pat Harvie and Eileen Hewett by 30- 8.