Sid sign striker Bayliss
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury United boss Jamie Schofield is having to shuffle his pack for tomorrows Devon Premier Cup tie at home to Bovey Tracey (3pm).
Schofield is missing the services of the holidaying Charlie Cox together with the unavailable Richard Bacon and Spencer Lane.
However, the United chief is able to give a debut to Jamie Bayliss. Schofield explained the new man’s signing saying: “Jamie (Bayliss) was at Exeter University and works with one of our players so, when he expressed a desire to come and join us it was music to my ears. He’ll give us real strength in the attacking department.”
Schofield is also hoping to complete the signing of Ben Clay within the next week. Clay is currently on the books at Exmouth Town and the United boss is delighted to be closing in on the talented defender of whom he says: “Ben’s presence in our group will be significant. Of that I have no doubt. He’s talented, experienced and fit and will become a big player for us.”
The game with Bovey Tracey is one that could be a banana skin for the Byes Lane side. The South Devon outfit are yet to win a game this term whilst United are unbeaten.
You may also want to watch:
Schofield says: “We’ll treat it like any normal matchday.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town