Sid Vale Athletic Meeting is a big success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club were once again tasked with setting out the track, course and organising the races at the 60th Sid Vale Athletic meeting at Sidford on Sunday, writes Terry Bewes.
This is a very popular local family event and the races are well supported by the children especially the wheelbarrow races and the tug of war.
Despite the downpour just before lunch the sun came out on time and so did the people.
This year instead of the cross country we tried an obstacle race around the perimeter of the field which was particular enjoyed by the youngsters. Races are held for all age groups from toddlers to their parents with novelty races thrown in as well.
The main races were dominated by two of the club’s families; the Marriott’s and the Garrick’s.
You may also want to watch:
The Joyce Memorial Trophy for the first male home was won by Sam Marriott and the Spar Trophy, presented to the first female across the finishing line, went to Naomi Garrick.
Other awards won were; The Junior Cup, Thomas Fletcher; Ingo Simon Trophy, 440 yards, Kate Marriott and the Silver Jubilee Cup, relay race, Mollie and Toby Garrick.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
The trophies were presented by the Vice Chair Becky Robson.