Sid Vale Sharks impress in Summer Sprint Gala at Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-seven swimmers from Sid Vale Sharks went to Exmouth on Sunday to compete in the Summer Sprint Gala against Exmouth Swimming Club and Honiton Stingrays, writes John Beglin.
Although the team were depleted due to the pressures of exam season the swimmers put in some notable performances.
Between them the swimmers achieved 57 personal bests and also came away with 19 gold, 19 silver and 15 bronze medals.
This was an impressive feat from such a young, but enthusiastic Sharks team.
The event culminated in a thrilling Skins Event which saw Jess Bendle, Hannah Domhof and qualifying for her first skins Aimee Keast in action.
You may also want to watch:
Keast and Bendle put in fine performances, but ultimately the experience of Hannah Domhof shone through with a stunning head to head against Exmouth which Hannah ultimately won for Sidmouth. Exmouth won the event by sheer number of swimmers, but this new cup looks set to become the local summer derby.
Anyone interested in joining the club or becoming involved in coaching at the club please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients