Sid Valley Cycle Club impress during Richard Mallet event.
Sid Valley Cycle Club had 39 riders involved in the 2013 Richard Mallet open 10 mile time trial.
After last year’s time trial falling to the elements, the riders were blessed with better weather this time for the event held over a 10 mile course along the old and the new A30 at Honiton.
The first riders set off from Patterson’s cross on the old A30 with a decent tail wind for the first leg knowing that the return leg from Honiton would be a lot harder.
Among the Riders was young Sam Turner of The Brothers on Bikes starting at number two for his first ever time trial and he went on to post a very decent time of 25.02 and win the Junior category .
Back at race HQ at Feniton bowls club the results were worked out and some fairly decent times posted considering the strong winds.
You may also want to watch:
In first place with a very respectable time of 21.24 was Andrew Perkins of Mid Devon Cycle Club.
Second place went to Conrad Moss of High Wycombe Cycle club with a time of 22.02 and third was Richard Oram of Exeter University Cycle Club in 22.15.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
The first lady home was Ayse Vahiboglu of Exeter Wheelers in 24.59.
Thanks to all the riders that took part and to all the helpers and marshals that gave up their time to hold the event.
Sid Valley Cycle Club is actively seeking to attract new members to the club and would welcome any new riders to join us for a ride around east Devon.
The club meets at least twice a week with a gentle cafe ride on Friday morning and a brisker ride with coffee stop on a Sunday morning.
The Rides start at 9am and riders meet at Sidmouth Football Club on Manstone Lane.