Sid Valley Cycle Club impress during Richard Mallet event.
Sid Valley Cycle Club had 39 riders involved in the 2013 Richard Mallet open 10 mile time trial.
After last year’s time trial falling to the elements, the riders were blessed with better weather this time for the event held over a 10 mile course along the old and the new A30 at Honiton.
The first riders set off from Patterson’s cross on the old A30 with a decent tail wind for the first leg knowing that the return leg from Honiton would be a lot harder.
Among the Riders was young Sam Turner of The Brothers on Bikes starting at number two for his first ever time trial and he went on to post a very decent time of 25.02 and win the Junior category .
Back at race HQ at Feniton bowls club the results were worked out and some fairly decent times posted considering the strong winds.
You may also want to watch:
In first place with a very respectable time of 21.24 was Andrew Perkins of Mid Devon Cycle Club.
Second place went to Conrad Moss of High Wycombe Cycle club with a time of 22.02 and third was Richard Oram of Exeter University Cycle Club in 22.15.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
The first lady home was Ayse Vahiboglu of Exeter Wheelers in 24.59.
Thanks to all the riders that took part and to all the helpers and marshals that gave up their time to hold the event.
Sid Valley Cycle Club is actively seeking to attract new members to the club and would welcome any new riders to join us for a ride around east Devon.
The club meets at least twice a week with a gentle cafe ride on Friday morning and a brisker ride with coffee stop on a Sunday morning.
The Rides start at 9am and riders meet at Sidmouth Football Club on Manstone Lane.