Sid Valley Cycling Club pair do well on the S1 course
Sid Valley Cycling Club members Doug Parker and Jack Salvidge were involved in Bank Holiday Monday action.
The pair raced over the S1 course on the A377 near Chulmleigh.
This is a challenging course to say the least with its twists, turns, ups and downs not forgetting the forgiving road surface!
Parker covered the 25-mile course in a time of 63:05 and Salvidge achieved a more credible time of 61:35 while still supporting bandages and scars from road race crashes the week before.
So, well done Jack for what was certainly a brave ride. The race was won by Thomas Baylis (Haribo-Beacon RT) in a time of 54:51.
You may also want to watch:
If you fancy a nice Sunday morning ride around beautiful East Devon with a good coffee and a piece of cake half way round or something a little bit more strenuous from a 100km Audax to a circuit road race or a local time trial then Sid Valley CC could be the club for you. To find out more visit SVCC.org.uk or our Facebook page Sid Valley Cycling Club.
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 3 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 4 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 5 Legion's centenary plea for Sidmouth Poppy Appeal volunteers
- 6 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 7 Concerns raised over surge in number of unpaid carers
- 8 Businesses should be stocking up now for Folk Festival
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home