Sid Valley Cycling Club pair do well on the S1 course
Sid Valley Cycling Club members Doug Parker and Jack Salvidge were involved in Bank Holiday Monday action.
The pair raced over the S1 course on the A377 near Chulmleigh.
This is a challenging course to say the least with its twists, turns, ups and downs not forgetting the forgiving road surface!
Parker covered the 25-mile course in a time of 63:05 and Salvidge achieved a more credible time of 61:35 while still supporting bandages and scars from road race crashes the week before.
So, well done Jack for what was certainly a brave ride. The race was won by Thomas Baylis (Haribo-Beacon RT) in a time of 54:51.
You may also want to watch:
If you fancy a nice Sunday morning ride around beautiful East Devon with a good coffee and a piece of cake half way round or something a little bit more strenuous from a 100km Audax to a circuit road race or a local time trial then Sid Valley CC could be the club for you. To find out more visit SVCC.org.uk or our Facebook page Sid Valley Cycling Club.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution