Sid Valley Cycling Club prove there’s more to it than many think.
There’s more to Sid Valley Cycling Club than eating cake, bacon sandwiches and drinking coffee, writes Doug Parker.
Now the weather is warmer and drier thoughts have turned to racing. With Dominick Horrell, Chris Eccles, Jack Salvidge and Josh Brown all flexing their muscles and the need for speed at the llton Circuit races in Somerset.
Nearer to home and Exeter Wheelers hosted their early season 17- mile (hilly)Time Trials where very green Dave Francis recorded a time of 44:41.
He was backed up by father and son duo Colin (48:35) and Phil (47:21) Bennett, all with respectable times.
Last Saturday saw Doug Parker completed his first 10-mile Time Trial of the season in a time of 24:15 on a cold and windy A30 course near Yeovil.
You may also want to watch:
So if you just fancy a nice Sunday morning ride with a coffee and cake half way round or something a little bit more strenuous from a 100km Audax to a circuit road race Sid Valley CC could be the club for you.
To find out more visit SVCC.org.uk or our facebook page Sid Valley Cycling Club.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients