Sid Valley cyclist Parker has a busy Easter
It was a quiet Easter for the Sid Valley CC riders, writes Carlton Parker.
Quiet that is, for all but Doug Parker, one of the club’s Time Trialist who competed in two races, the first on a fresh and windy Easter Monday morning were he clocked 23:56 on the U21/10 course near Cross in Somerset, the winner was Mr Graham Moir (Scuderia RT) with an impressive time of 20:36.
The second race was on Tuesday evening on the U30/9 an event being hosted by Yeovil CC, it was a little less windy and warmer which helped Doug achieve a time of 22:27 on this shorter but interest course.
The race was won by Mr Ashley Martin (Bikeshed UEX) in a time of 20:05.
If you fancy a Sunday morning ride with a nice coffee and cake half way round or something a little bit more strenuous from a 100km Audax to a circuit road race or a local time trial then Sid Valley CC could be the club for you.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit SVCC.org.uk or our Facebook page Sid Valley Cycling Club.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients