Sid Valley cyclist Salvidge rides to South West GHS District Championship win
Young Sid Valley rider Jack Salvidge showed his growing potential when he won the South West GHS District Championsip on a challenging course near Truro in a time of 22:48 for the 10 mile Time Trial.
The 16-year-old then went on to set a new personal best at the Tavistock Wheelers Open 10-mile Time Trial on the S40 course with a very impressive 21:46, showing again he is a rising star and one to watch out for.
At the Tavistock event young Salvidge was backed up by Doug Parker on 23:07 and great grandfather Dave Francis who set another seasons best of 24:37.
Last Sunday Doug Parker travelled over the boarder for the Poole Wheelers Open 10-mile TT and in near perfect condition produced his best ride of the season so far with another personal best time of 22:14 for the 10 miles.
There was more action last Tuesday when both Doug Parker and Jack Salvidge raced at Yeovilton over a sporting 9-mile course in blustery conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately Parker was plagued by tractors and had to stop 30-metres from the line!
Meanwhile, Salvidge had that sinking feeling as this saddle slowly sunk back down into his frame, but this do not stop him from racing round in an excellent time of 20:58 claiming another podium finish with second place and some more notable scalps along the way.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
You’re never too old or too young to enjoy a nice Sunday morning ride around beautiful East Devon with a good coffee and a piece of cake half way round or something a little bit more strenuous from a 100km Audax to a circuit road race or a local time trial then Sid Valley CC could be the club for you. To find out more visit SVCC.org.uk or the club’s facebook page Sid Valley Cycling Club.