Sid Valley Cyclists all set for the Tour of Britain Cyle Race arrival
Sid Valley Cycling Club are staging a special event to celebrate the big day when the Tour of Britain Cycle Race hits Sidmouth.
Thursday, September 19 will also see a closed road circuit race around Sidmouth Town centre that evening before the grand departure of the tour race the following morning.
Riders can sign on for the evening event at ‘Jacks Bar’ under the Bedford Hotel on the Esplanade, Sidmouth from 5pm.
Riders can enter online at the British Cycling website, the price is youth (£5) and senior (£10).
There is entry on the night, still £5 for juniors, but £15 for seniors.
You may also want to watch:
Riders without a British Cycling race licence can buy a day licence to take part for an additional £10.
The Under-12s will complete one lap of the circuit with a 6pm start. The youth races begin at 6.30pm and the senior race, a regional A Class event, begins at 7pm.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support