Sid Valley Cyclists all set for the Tour of Britain Cyle Race arrival
Sid Valley Cycling Club are staging a special event to celebrate the big day when the Tour of Britain Cycle Race hits Sidmouth.
Thursday, September 19 will also see a closed road circuit race around Sidmouth Town centre that evening before the grand departure of the tour race the following morning.
Riders can sign on for the evening event at ‘Jacks Bar’ under the Bedford Hotel on the Esplanade, Sidmouth from 5pm.
Riders can enter online at the British Cycling website, the price is youth (£5) and senior (£10).
There is entry on the night, still £5 for juniors, but £15 for seniors.
You may also want to watch:
Riders without a British Cycling race licence can buy a day licence to take part for an additional £10.
The Under-12s will complete one lap of the circuit with a 6pm start. The youth races begin at 6.30pm and the senior race, a regional A Class event, begins at 7pm.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year