Sidbury bag last over win over touring side The Greys
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury Fete wasn’t the only attraction in the village on Saturday, the longstanding fixture against Brighton-based outfit The Greys also took place, writes Simon Rowe.
What’s more the match certainly did not disappoint for it was not until the final over that the outcome was determined!
The Greys won the toss and decided to bat hoping to set a big total as the conditions were perfect for batting.
Barney Stone and James Pearce took the new ball and the young pair bowled exceptionally well keeping the run rate down.
The early pressure led to a risky run being attempted and some fine fielding produced the first wicket to fall via a tremendous run-out.
You may also want to watch:
The touring side had in their ranks a most capable Australian batting at number three and his experience in grade cricket in his native country has meant he has enjoyed his previous visits to the Millfield ground, scoring a number of centuries.
However, on this occasion the excellent line and length delivered with great consistency by Mark Pearse and Windy Miller did not give the Aussie the chance to ‘break loose’!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival