Sidbury beaten at home by Withy Dads
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury’s Millfield ground was a sun-kissed paradise for the meeting with Withy Dads who play on a regular basis in the Budleigh Community League.
The visitors batted first and lost two wickets within as many overs before recovering well to close on what looked a respectable total of 146.
The final wicket fell in the 29th over of a 30-over match.
Sidbury fielded well and made it difficult for Withy who were, at times, tied down with some exceptionally good bowling.
Special mention must be made of the contributions of a couple of young debutants Joe Gosse, who finished with five wickets, and Barney Stone. Both managed to generate genuine pace on what was a pretty slow wicket and both great prospects for the season ahead.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidbury reply got a steady start with Mark Williams and then Windy Miller both making tidy contributions.
However, wickets fell at regular intervals, the final one falling with the score on 87, consigning Sidbury to a 60-run defeat.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
The game was played in a great spirit and will surely prove beneficial to Sidbury’s young, developing side.
Post match a barbecue was enjoyed by all, thanks go to Adam and June Chinery for providing the food and refreshments.
The next outing for Sidbury is home game against local rivals Branscombe which takes place this Sunday (2pm).