Sidbury CC Festival a huge success
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury Cricket Club held their Waitrose Open Day and Under-10 Cricket Festival in brilliant Sunday sunshine to close out a tremendous year of progress for the club.
In attendance for the festival were the East Devon Girls Under-10s, Whimple and Ottery.
A combined Sidbury and Ottery team played Whimple who batted first and produced a commanding lead held back only by some superb bowling by Cleo Turley (2-21), Ashwin Coppell (1-5) and a maiden over by Toby Sanford.
When it came to Wimples’ turn to bowl they again showed excellent form producing a number of wickets although Sidburys Eli Moss and Otterys Sam Smart produced good innings.
The final four overs pitted Whimples bowler of the day against two Sidbury late-comers in Charlie Turley and Thomas Grove. It was a brilliant display producing a crowd pleasing three sixes, one four and a brace of wickets, but was not quite enough to stop Whimple winning.
You may also want to watch:
The other Sidbury side played the East Devon girls with Sidbury batting first. Scott Monro Higgs and Alec Bagwell opened the batting, scoring 17 without losing a wicket from their four overs at the crease.
The East Devon girls then got into their stride producing a number of wickets in great display of bowling .The East Devon girls then took their turn at the crease with the scoring level with Sidburys rate until the fourth pair. They scored 37 off their four overs including five fours which took the girls clear despite Imy Bagwells bowling in the last overs to return splendid figures of one wicket for seven runs.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 8 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
Thanks to all the players, coaches and parents (and weather) who made this a great finale to the season and thanks again to Waitrose for supporting the event.