Sidbury delight as they beat St Loyes
Sidbury United FC 2, St Loye s 1: A goal each for Dave Green and Kevin Dorman were enough to see off a very determined St Loyes in what was a very entertaining game. All the goals came in the first half. St Loyes are one of the favourites for promotion f
Sidbury United FC 2, St Loye's 1: A goal each for Dave Green and Kevin Dorman were enough to see off a very determined St Loyes in what was a very entertaining game. All the goals came in the first half.
St Loyes are one of the favourites for promotion from Senior Two this coming season so manager Mel Coombs was more than happy with his side's display.
He said: "I was delighted with the way the side played. Sam Farmer has returned from Honiton and settled into the squad well, giving us quality on the right side of midfield, and Dave Green is looking sharp up front.
"The side is growing in confidence all the time and the football we are playing is pleasing on the eye. St Loyes are always a difficult side to play against whether it's a friendly or league game".
You may also want to watch:
The second team lost out to Newtown 3rds 3-2, goalscorers being Ben Squance and Johnny Beer.
This Saturday Sidbury have another quality friendly double header, with Exmouth Town, the first game kicks off at 2pm (both at Byes Lane).
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
By Mel Coombs
Sidbury United FC 2, St Loye's 1