Sidbury Juniors enjoy entertaining meeting with Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury CC juniors enjoyed a Monday evening encounter with Honiton.
Sidbury captain Alex Bagwell won the toss and decided his team would bat first.
The skipper opened the innings with Rosie Miller and the pair took Sidbury to 48 when Rosie Miller was bowled for 17, scored from just 11 balls.
Charley Turley then stepped in to keep the rate going, facing 15 deliveries and rifling six fours before retiring on 26.
Olivia Morgan also put bat to ball with great effect and she too struck six fours as Sidbury ended their 20 overs with the bat on 161-1.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton batters then started against some very straight Sidbury deliveries with Lucy Humphries taking 2-10 in her two overs with the ball.
Immy Bagwell, Oscar Bond, Jess Perry and Ellie Monro Higgs also then took wickets, helped by catches from Harry Wood and fielding from Ellie Wood.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
Honiton ended their reply on 106-9.
Sidbury’s David Munro Higgs says: “So far this season, Sidbury has played U15 girls and U13 boys this season with great local matches against Honiton, Exeter, Budleigh, Seaton, Topsham and Woodbury which are always played in the best of atmospheres.
“There is always space for a few more and we look forward to the U15 girls competing in the Devon Girls Cricket competition in September.”