Sidbury net last over success in thriller against Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury chased 237 to win in a 40-over outing against Honiton and got them with one ball to spare, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Honiton’s 40-over total of 236 for five was constructed around three key knocks.
Opener Dave Haysom was second out on 94 having smacked three sixes and seven fours on the way to 51.
Mike Docherty put away 10 fours and three sixes making 87 not out and shared a stand of 67 with Rob Ingram (43).
Openers Ben Pollard (30) and Ed Chester (30) gave Sidbury a 61-run start then handed over to Mark Bishop (72) and Ollie Pyne (32), who got the score up to 216 for four.
You may also want to watch:
Three wickets fell for two runs added, but Dave O’Connor (28) stopped the slide and when he went Simon Rowe (12no) finished it off.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby