Sidbury Res blast away at Hemyock
With the visitors having already hit 10 goals past two teams this season, giving them the best goal difference in Div 4, the Sidbury lads were a little apprehensive going into this encounter.
But player-manager Matt Channing couldn’t fault the effort the whole side had showed.
Hemyock where first to strike, but from the kick off Aston Pucky drove through four opponents to play the ball out wide for Jake Preece to knock over for Paris Pinney to tap in at the far post. Sidbury’s second came about when Preece who was playing his first game for Sidbury since returning from Exmouth Ammies, drilled the ball home from 35 yards.
Hemyock pulled a well-worked goal back to make 2-2 at half-time. The second half was a real battle and the back four of Nick Tweedie, Aaron Smith, Matt Channing and Si Trim stayed solid.
Late on Ben Pratt was well rewarded with Sidbury’s third and Joe Nield, playing only his third senior game, came off the bench to score with his right foot. Aaron Smith was Man of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow the 2nds are away to Newtown St Cyres.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again