Sidbury Under-10s enjoy victory over Culmstock
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury fielded softball and hardball Under-10 teams in matched against Culmstock and Exmouth.
In the softball meeting with Exmouth, skipper Ellie Munro Higgs, with the field wet and thoughts of it drying later, opted to field first.
Exmouth began well and, despite some good bowling and a wicket for Jerry Deng, the runs began to flow.
When Sidbury batted they found scoring runs difficult. However, they did get a boost with excellent boundaries from Eli Moss, Oscar Bond, Ellie Monro Higgs and Sid Ridgway, whilst there was also some terrific running shown by Chris and Daisy Grove. Exmouth proved to be a good side and deserved winners on the day.
The hardball game saw Sidbury bat first and, thanks to some fine batting, particularly from Ellie Wood, Harry Wood and Josh John-Ringe, left Culmstock needing 256 to win.
You may also want to watch:
This achievable target was made harder by some great bowling with wickets from Skate Leisk, Josh John-Ringe, Cleo Turley and Alec Bagwell and a maiden over for Esme Bagwell.
With just two overs remaining Culmstock were 26 runs short. Alec Bagwell and Charlie Turley sent down the final two overs and bowled beautifully, conceding just eight runs to see Sidbury to victory.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!