Sidbury Under-10s get girl power support as Ellie fires them to Exmouth win
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury Under-10s recorded a fine win when they travelled to Exmouth for their latest Bradleys East Devon Youth League softball game.
Arthur Whitby, skippering the team, lost the toss, but was not phased in the slightest and threw the ball to Oscar Bond to open the bowling, and he struck with the fifth delivery of the game!
Young Whitby gave everyone the opportunity to turn their arm over and almost all bagged a wicket.
A fine over from Daisy Grove kept the home run scoring in check and, with some tight fielding demonstrated by the experienced members of the team, Sidbury were able to restrict the home side to a closing total of 277.
With sunshine breaking through, the Sidbury run chase was launched by Oscar Bond and Jerry Deng.
You may also want to watch:
The mantle was taken on by Karen Bountra and Arthur Whitby who showed some determined, if not risky, running to keep the score board ticking over!
Zach Curnow and Jake Curnow stood defiant in front of their wicket and Isabel Wood and Alice Clarkson gave nothing away.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
So, it all fell to the final Sidbury pairing of Daisy Grove and Ellie Monro-Higgs to see the team home which they did with gusto!
After some big swings, Ellie Monro Higgs found the range of the boundary to which she continued to launch the ball as Sidbury closed on a score of 285 to seal an eight run victory.