Sidbury Under-10s triumph over Topsham St James
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury entertained Topsham for their latest Under-10 outing.
Sidbury skipper Skate Leisk won the toss and invited the visitors to bat first.
Topsham began well and had a dozen runs on the board after the first four overs, despite a wicket that fell to Josh John-Ringe.
Next to bowl were Cleo Turley and Charlie Turley and they tore into the away side’s batting, claiming five wickets between them!
The Tops had to dig deep, which they did, and, despite two wickets for Alec Bagwell, a challenging target of 221 was set.
You may also want to watch:
Skate Leisk and Josh John-Ringe launched the reply, but found it tough going against some accurate bowling and, after four overs, four runs were on the board.
Cleo Turley and Charlie Turley added another six runs, but the Topsham bowlers exacted revenge, claiming four wickets.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Scott Monro Higgs and Ellie Monro Higgs added another nine runs which left Sidbury one run shy of a winning score with four overs remaining.
That target was easily hit though as Alec Bagwell and Lucy Tanner, seemingly with a point to prove, slammed four boundaries to take Sidbury to a handsome victory.