Sidbury Under-10s win softball match at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury Under-10s played Sidmouth on Sunday during a great, if very lucky, bright spell, for a T20 softball match.
Sidmouth set the pace with their opening batsmen who made a 38 run partnership. The Sidbury bowlers then began the task of taking wickets with Scott Monro Higgs, Eli Moss, Harry Wood and Ellie Monro Higgs all taking wickets and Ellie Wood and Isabaelle Wood managing to keep the runs down to yielding just eight off their combined four overs.
Sidmouth completed their innings and posted a score of 91.
The opening Sidbury launched into the home bolwing and, with hardly a dot ball in sight, seven overs ended with the reply 56-1.
Ellie Wood scored 16 before being retired after which the run-rate slowed despite strong performances from Jack Pugh and Oscar Bond.
You may also want to watch:
It was left to Arthur Whitby, partnered by Isabelle Wood, to put in a strong tail end performance with a cracking four to bring Sidbury home on 113 runs.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown