Sidbury Under-8s enjoy victory over Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury Under-8s played a return fixture with Budleigh Salterton last Friday.
The match was played on a purpose-made wicket cut close to the clubhouse.
A large crowd were I attendance for the contest which went the way of Budleigh with one reason for a shortage of Sibury availability being Sidmouth FolkWeek!
Sidbury won the toss and invited Budleigh to bat.
After a solid start from their openers the Budleigh innings slowed up in the face of some exceptional Sidbury bowling.
You may also want to watch:
Cleo Turley bagged a brace of wickets and there was one also for Scott Munro-Higgs as the Budleigh innings closed on 253 from their 16 overs.
Sidbury openers Charlie Turley and Scott Monro Higgs got the reply off to a good start, hitting a number of boundaries.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
The run-rate stayed healthy and contributions down the order Cleo Turley, Ellie Monro-Higgs and Herbie Isherwood took Sidbury to a close of 286 and victory by 31 runs.
Thanks go to Budleigh for a great setting and a great game played in the best spirit and especially to Ryan and Nate for helping out the Sidbury numbers.
There’s just one more match to be played this season, that an August 25 engagement. Its been a wonderful year for the Sidbury youngsters who have introduced a number of new converts to the sport.