Sidbury Under-8s in thrilling meeting with Whimple
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury Under-8s travelled to Whimple last Sunday for a swift return fixture.
The Whimple ground had been laid out to take account of a number of games and there were a large crowd of supporters egging both sides on in the brilliant sunshine.
Sidbury were placed in to bat first with opening pair of Scott Monro Higgs and Alex Bagwell. Over the next four overs the opening pair notched up 31 runs, but Whimple fielded exceptionally well catching the boys three times.
Sidbury carried on building a respectable score including Esme Bagwell and Cleo Turley who scored 32 of their four overs for the loss of two wickets and the final team score was a healthy 268.
The Whimple reply was hit by a fine spell from opening Sidbury bowlers Josh Matthews and Charlie Turley who managed to pin their opposite numbers down with a great display of pace bowling taking three wickets for just 19 runs between them!
You may also want to watch:
Scott Monro Higgs and Eli Moss also got a wicket each and, after 16 overs, the run total stood at 246 – just seven runs behind the Sidbury score!
Whimple’s last pair then secured victory for the home side with one six and five four’s during the final four overs and the final Whimple score was a winning one at 282.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability
All involved with Sidbury CC Under-8s wish to express real gratitude to the Whimple folk who made them very welcome and certainly hope that the Whimple Under-8s will be taking part in the Sidbury tournament at the end of the season.