Sidbury United begin 2014 at home to Exmouth Amateurs
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town must wait a week before beginning their 2014 action as they have no fixture on the first South West Peninsula League Eastern Division match day of the new year.
The Vikings are at Plymstock on Saturday, January 11 and do not play at their Manstone Lane home again until Saturday, February 1 when they visit Axminster Town.
Of the three clean sheets that Town have kept this league season so far two have come against their opening two opponents of 2014. They drew 0-0 at home to Plymstock on the second Saturday of the season and won 2-0 at home to Axminster in early September.
There’s Fresha League action tomorrow (weather permitting!) with the top billing going to Beer Albion who host Thorverton in a Premier Division game. The Fishermen were beaten 4-1 at home by Seaton Town last Saturday and sit one point above the bottom three. However, they will leapfrog the Thors with a victory; the Mid Devon side sit one point and three places better off than Albion.
In Division One promotion seeking Sidbury United entertain Exmouth Amateurs looking to keep a tight grip on second spot. They trail leaders Elmore by six points with both teams having played 15 of their 28 matches in the league campaign.
You may also want to watch:
United have not played since a December 14 1-1 draw at Bow AAC, but are in good form as they have suffered just the one defeat since early October and they won 3-1 at Ammies when the pair met in Exmouth in early November.
Tipton St John also have Division One home action when they take on Wellington.
- 1 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 2 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 8 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth Town Reserves play Division Three matches with the Otters taking on Tedburn St Mary and the Vikings second string entertaining Woodbury.
Home action also for Fluxton in Division Six as the villagers meet Silverton whilst, in the same section, table-topping Otterton travel to Uplowman Athletic.