Sidbury United drop points - not ideal preperation for the trip to Elmore!
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury United dropped two points when they were held to a 2-2 draw at University, writes Steve Birley.
United paid the price for not taking advantage of a strong wind in their favour in the first half. Goals from Adam Connett and Dan Churchill secured a share of the spoils that sees United sit five points behind the only team to sit above them in Fresha One, Elmore who have played two games fewer.
Tomorrow (Saturday) United travel to Elmore for the section’s Match of the Day.
Ottery St Mary also drew last Saturday. The Otters were held to a 1-1 draw by an Exmouth Amateurs side that had lost their previous 13 games!
There’s a local derby tomorrow for the Otters when they entertain Sidmouth Town Reserves in a Division Three game. The Otters go into the contest sitting third bottom, level on points (12) with Sidmouth Town who have played two games less.
You may also want to watch:
Neither Newton Poppleford or Tipton St John saw Fresha League One action on another soggy Saturday last weekend, tomorrow the Popples have no fixture whilst Tipton travel to Heavitree United.
Both Fluxton and Otterton are in Fresha Division Six action and both are at home with Fluxton entertaining Silverton and Otterton stage an East Devon derby with the visit of East Budleigh Reserves.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution