Sidbury United have three out for Budleigh game
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury United travel to face rock bottom Budleigh Salterton on Saturday.
United boss Jeremy Schofield is without his regular midfield, but says: “I think I may go for a more attacking line-up. We do have three out, but all will be back the week after for the big game at Elmore.”
Schofield is without the unavailable Charlie Cox and Luke Barker whilst Tom Matthews completes his suspension. All three will return for the game with Elmore the following week.
Schofield says: “You have to admire Budleigh for the way they have stuck at it. However there is now way we can afford to be either complacent or charitable and I am looking for us to bag a few goals. With the Fresha top flight being as tight as it is goal difference may well play a key part next spring so we need to keep scoring at one end and keep them out at the other!”
United have kept five clean sheets so far this term, four in the league and one in cups, and all have come at Byes Lane where the team remain unbeaten.
You may also want to watch:
However, there’s yet to be a clean sheet on their travels.
Schofield has an explanation for this.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
“Look how we have played away. The three times we have been on our travels this season have seen us play at Feniton, Mount Gould (in a cup tie) and Heavitree United. Those three were quality sides so I am not concerned about no clean sheets yet away. I am confident they will come soon enough.”