Sidbury United land clean sheet cup success as season’s gets better - and better!
Sidbury United 4, Seaton Town 0 Sidbury United grabbed the headlines in last weekend’s East Devon Senior Cup with a sensational victory over Fresha League Premier Division opposition.
There were no goals in a closely contested first half, but all that changed after the break as Adam Connett, Mark Hadley, Charlie Cox and Danny Green all scored.
The visitors’ had no answer to the pace and clinical finishing that United served up.
The clean sheet success was the second for United in this season’s East Devon Senior Cup and their fifth in eight league and cup outings.
Tomorrow (Saturday) United are in home action when they entertain Bickleigh.
You may also want to watch:
It’s the start of a sequence of local matches for United as they are at Newton Poppleford and then Exmouth Amateurs on the next two Saturdays before returning to Byes Lane on November 9 for a visit from East Budleigh.
Leading scorer Ash Small is on duty with the Fresha League XI as they look to make National League competition progress when they take on the Somerset League at Elmore, Tiverton tomorrow (3pm).
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Small currently has eight goals to his name this term. Adam Connett has hit five whilst three players, Dave Green, Mark Hadley and Sam Seldon have each scored three.
Green currently heads the assists table with seven to date followed by Conner Hannaford with four.