Sidbury United looking to net first win of 2014 at University
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury United were left kicking their heels last Saturday for the fourth time in the last five Fresha league match days.
That’s because their East Devon derby with Tipton St John was postponed owing to a waterlogged pitch at Rockbeare.
United have played 16 of their 28 match Division One campaign and begin a run of three away matches with Saturday’s visit to University III in Exeter.
They follow that with a trip to leaders Elmore the week after. The Tiverton side edged a seven goal thriller at Byes Lane when the teams met in East Devon back on September 21.
United look to be well on course to achieve a top three finish and that would of course mean Premier Division football at Byes Lane next season.
You may also want to watch:
There would appear to be six teams competing for the three promotion spots in the second tier this season. Saturday’s opposition could be added to that though of course they cannot be promoted as the University second team already play in the Premier Division.
Sidbury and the students have yet to meet this term. The pair are set to meet at Sidbury on Saturday, March 15.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
The students have not played since December 14, but are unbeaten in seven Division One outings with their last defeat back on October 19 at the hands of East Budleigh.