Sidbury United set for exciting new challenges
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury United are preparing for their first ever season in the Devon and Exeter League Premier Division in their 70-year history, writes Jordan Cooper.
Having finished second in Division One last season, the side are approaching the challenge ahead in a confident mood having retained many of last season’s successful squad.
With Pete Grover signed from Budleigh Salterton and potentially a few more on the way, manager Jeremy Schofield, along with new assistant Matt Channing, are looking ahead with real optimism.
”Who knows how we will do?” Schofield said.
“We feel mid-table would be an achievement, but to be honest we are looking to fight for top six. Every game will be a cup final and we can’t wait to surprise a few teams.”
You may also want to watch:
Training has started on Wednesday nights at 7:30pm at the club and they face rivals Sidmouth Town at home in their first friendly next Saturday looking to prove their credentials.
The club are also looking to create a reserve team for the 2015/16 season and are actively looking for someone to manage the side. If you are interested then you can contact the club via their Facebook page.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support